(AINA) -- ISIS today released 22 Assyrian hostages in Syria. 16 of the hostages were captured captured on February 23 when ISIS attacked the 35 Assyrian villages on the Khabur river in the Hasaka province. ISIS captured 253 in the initial attack and drove 3,000 Assyrians from their villages. The other 6 hostages who were released were captured in the town of Qaryatain on August 6, 2015, when ISIS captured the town (AINA 2015-08-07).
The group of released hostages was comprised of women and children.
ISIS executed three of the Khabur hostages on September 23 (AINA 2015-10-08). The number of Assyrians from Khabur still being held is now 73.
With the release of 6 Assyrians from Qaryatain ISIS is now holding 179 Assyrians from that town.
ISIS has released Assyrians from Khabur on the following dates:
- January 29, 2016: 16 released
- January 14, 2016: 16 released
- December 25: 25 released
- December 9: 25 released
- November 24: 10 released
- November 7: 37 released
- August 11: 22 released
- June 16: Francois Sawa released
- May 26: two elderly women released, Ramziyya Rehana (80) from Tel Jazira and Yoniyya Kanoon (70) from Tel Shamiran
- March 3: Two Assyrians from Tel Shamiram were released, Yatroun Marko and his wife Wardiyya Yonan. Two Assyrians from Tel Goran were released, 6 year-old Mariana Mirza and her father's aunt, Bobo Mirza.
- March 1: 19 Assyrians Released, all from the village of Tel Goran
ISIS Has released Assyrians from Qaryatain on the following dates:
- January 29, 2016: 6 released
- October 14, 2016: 50 released
- September 4, 2015: 15 released
The following are the names of the hostages released from Khabur:
- Sabina Hawil Youkhana
- Ramina Hawil Youkhana
- Lewis Hawil Youkhana
- Christine Joseph Lazar
- Bashara Joseph Lazar
- Katrine Joseph Lazar
- Peter Joseph Lazar
- Ilyan Saeed Youkhana
- AlmasSaeed Youkhana
- Lewis Saeed Youkhana
- Sargon Ninus Sarkis
- Yosip Ninus Sarkis
- Valentina Paulus Odisho
- Marganta Yushiya Adam
- Somer Shawil Elisha