(AINA) -- ISIS today released 25 Assyrians that it captured on February 23 when it attacked the 35 Assyrian villages on the Khabur river in the Hasaka province. ISIS captured 253 in the initial attack and drove 3,000 Assyrians from their villages. Most have not returned.
Two of the hostages are men, seven are women, and the rest are children between the ages of 3 and 11. The hostages are in good health. They arrived in Tel Tamer in the morning.
The 16 children belong to six of the seven women in the group.
The following is a list of the names of the released hostages. The names of the children follow the name of their mother.
- Sammy Awisha Malham (male,41)
- Fadi Michael Eesa (male,41)
- Juliet Yourish Talya (female, 40, 2 children)
- Stella Farid Joseph (female, 10)
- Tony Farid Joseph (male, 7)
- Ghada Moshe Baram (female, 40, 1 child)
- Maria Akram Odisho (female, 8)
- Hanan Youkhana Enwiya (female, 46, 4 children)
- Francis Walid Sawa (male, 11)
- Aurinya Walid Sawa (female, 9)
- Ashurina Walid Sawa (female, 7)
- Nahren Walid Sawa (female, 4)
- Muna Marcus Adam (female, 41, 5 children)
- Louise Ashur Gabriel (male, 9)
- Lamasu Ashur Gabriel (male, 7)
- Ankidu Ashur Gabriel (male, 6)
- Amilio Ashur Gabriel (male, 4)
- George Ashur Gabriel (male, 2)
- Lena Nawaf Marjan (female, 39, 3 children)
- Ninos Elias Youkhana (male, 10)
- Ishtar Elias Youkhana (female, 7)
- Junior Elias Youkhana (male, 3)
- Laila Odisho Odisho (female, 47, 1 child)
- Alexander Samih Simon (male, 11)
- Jamila Kako Kako (female, 41)
ISIS executed three of the hostages on September 23 (AINA 2015-10-08). The number of Assyrians from Khabur still being held is now 105. ISIS is also holding 185 Assyrians it captured in Qaryatain.
ISIS has released Assyrians from Khabur on the following dates:
- December 25: 25 released
- December 9: 25 released
- November 24: 10 released
- November 7: 37 released
- August 11: 22 released
- June 16: Francois Sawa released
- May 26: two elderly women released, Ramziyya Rehana (80) from Tel Jazira and Yoniyya Kanoon (70) from Tel Shamiran
- March 3: Two Assyrians from Tel Shamiram were released, Yatroun Marko and his wife Wardiyya Yonan. Two Assyrians from Tel Goran were released, 6 year-old Mariana Mirza and her father's aunt, Bobo Mirza.
- March 1: 19 Assyrians Released, all from the village of Tel Goran